What Are Cookies?
For more general information on cookies see the Wikipedia article on HTTP Cookies.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
Third Party Cookies
If you are looking for more information, please contact our dedicated Customer Support.
We collect and process two types of information about users of our services:
We may use tools or third party analytical software to automatically collect and use certain Non-Personal Data. The types of Non-Personal Data we may collect and use include, but are not limited to: (i) end user software and hardware profile information, including, for example, information on browser and operating system settings and version; (iii) general data on service usage trends and patterns; (iv) other Non-Personal Data as deemed necessary by us to enhance and further develop the services.
Situations where you make, or may make, Personal Data available to us include without limitation:
- Registration and/or verification for the services, such as by disclosing your information on the registration form, or if requested by us, as part of additional identity verification measures
- Using the service, such as by creating advertisements, taking part in trades or posting on the forums
- Creating a support request on our website, sending us email messages, or through other means of communications directed at us
- Otherwise through the use of the services where Personal Data is required for use and/or participation
- The Personal Data we collect and process may include:
- Your name, email address and other contact details, as well as other personal details we may ask and you may provide us in the context of the services for purposes of identification, directing communications and use of the services – please note that if you do not provide this information where requested, parts of the service may be unavailable to you
- Details on your communications with us, including without limitation any messages, notifications, requests and similar sent to us by email, by using the service features or otherwise
- Your account, transaction and service activity information, including without limitation your account settings as well as information on the advertisements and forum posts you have submitted and the trades you have engaged in, your payment details and any information on fees or charges related to your service activity along with any information necessary for their determination and review, and site usage information, such as such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit, IP addresses, browser type, operating system, referring and exit pages, the dates and times of visits, and other site usage behaviour
How We Use Your Information
We may use and process your information to:
- Provide our services to you and to enable other users of our services to engage with you in trades, communications and other activities enabled by our services
- Manage your account and your participation in the above-mentioned activities
- Charge you for the use of the services, where applicable, and for debt recovery purposes
- Respond to any issues or inquiries you may have regarding our services and provide you with information relevant to your use of the services, such as updates on scheduled downtime, new features or issues related to your use of or activity within the services
- Contact you with offers or promotions based on how you use the services or inform you about products and services we think may interest you – provided that we have obtained your consent for this where necessary
- Protect and maintain our network and the services, and to prevent, identify and repair any technical problems or security issues
- Verify your identity and to prevent, detect and investigate fraud, money laundering, criminal activity or other misuse of the services
- Meet our legal obligations and protect important interests of ours or those of third parties such as other users of the services
- Perform research and statistical analysis on the services, including observing how our customers use the services
- Better allocate our resources and enhance and improve the services provided to you and other users
Legal Bases of Processing
In order for us to be able to process your Personal Data, we may rely on different legal bases, including:
- Your separate consent (only when legally required or permitted). To the extent we rely on your consent as a legal basis for processing your Personal Data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time;
- The necessity to establish a contractual relationship with you and to perform our obligations under a contract, including without limitation the Terms of Service;
- The necessity for us to comply with legal obligations;
- The necessity to pursue our legitimate interests, including:
- Ensuring the security of our networks, information and other assets
- Protecting important interests of ours or those of third parties such as other users of the services
- Contacting you to inform you about our products and services we think may interest you
- Administering and generally conducting our business
- Preventing, detecting and investigating fraud, money laundering, criminal activity or other misuse of the services
- The necessity to protect the vital interests of any person
Retention of Your Information
We retain your information only for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which we process the information.
Please note that we may continue to process certain Personal Data even after you have stopped using the services, in particular where required by law, regulation or an order issued by a competent authority, or if the retention of particular data is necessary for us in order to protect important interests of ours or those of third parties such as other users of the services, including without limitation to be able to reactivate your account without loss of data in case you decide to resume using the services, collect any charges or receivables, troubleshoot technical problems and prevent security issues, prevent, detect and investigate fraud, criminal activity or other misuse of the services, enforce our agreements or present or defend against existing or potential claims or complaints, or to defend our rights or property or those of users of the services. In such cases, we will retain and process your Personal Data only in the extent and only for as long as necessary for such purposes.
Any communications and file attachments related to individual trades are retained by us for 180 days after the trade closes, unless we decide to further retain any information in a particular case for any of the purposes mentioned above. In case you have a problem with a trade, you must inform us within 150 days of the initiation of the trade. If you have not informed us within that timeframe, information on the trade may be removed.
How We Share Your Information
We may disclose your information to:
- Companies in our company group
- Partners or agents involved in delivering the products and services you have ordered or used
- Companies who are involved in performing services and functions for or on behalf of us in connection with our services, such as data storage or hosting
- Professional advisors, such as auditors, lawyers, accountants and other professional advisors
- Other users of the services if and to the extent disclosure of your information is necessary for the purpose of fund recovery, dispute resolution between the trading parties or the prevention, detection or investigation of fraudulent or criminal activity or other misuse of the services
- Fraud prevention agencies and debt recovery organisations engaged in connection to your use of the services
- Law enforcement agencies, courts, regulatory organisations or other public authorities, if we are so required or authorized to by law
We may also transfer your information to other third parties if we need to counter or prevent any malicious or fraudulent actions, or to invoke any available legal remedies or to limit potential damage incurred to us, or if we sell, merge, de-merge or otherwise restructure our business operations and a new party becomes the controller of the information.
How We Secure Your Information
- Our premises are physically protected with mechanical and electrical locks and other break-in prevention methods
- Our data connections utilise firewalls and protection from malicious programs, as well as other protection mechanisms and software which improve the security of our telecommunications and data connections
- Only designated persons and a limited amount of our personnel have access to the information. Our personnel have been trained to observe data security in their work.
We reserve the right to make automated decisions, including using machine learning algorithms, about our customers and website visitors in order to optimise the products and services offered and/or delivered. The use of automated fraud and risk modelling, in particular, may lead to the use of your account being temporarily limited pending our manual review and/or additional identity verification measures required from you.
Opting Out of Newsletters
Users who sign up for Singbit.sg will automatically receive Singbit emails. Should you later wish to opt-out from receiving this information, please contact us and you will be removed from the recipient list and no longer receive such communications.
Your Rights as a Data Subject
You have the right to obtain from us confirmation as to whether or not Personal Data concerning you is being processed by us, and where that is the case, access to that Personal Data as well as to have any inaccurate or incomplete Personal Data rectified or completed. In certain circumstances and/or with respect to specific data, processing purposes or legal bases for processing, you may also have the right to request the erasure, or the restriction of processing, of your Personal Data or parts of it, to object to the processing and/or to receive the data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
Please contact our customer service for any inquiries related to exercising the above rights. We may charge you the reasonable costs of providing you access to this information where allowed by applicable law.
If you consider our processing activities of your personal data to be inconsistent with the applicable data protection laws, you may lodge a complaint with the responsible supervisory authority.
Data Controller and Contact Information
This data policy was last updated on: 26th April 2018